We offer different kinds of Northern Lights Photo Workshops, from beginner to pro level.
We will find for you the best places around Tromsø, and we will chase together the Northern Lights, and more important: with a bit of luck we will get to see them and will learn together how to take the best pictures of the Aurora!
Of course you come to Tromsø to see the Northern Lights, the magic Aurora Borealis, dancing in the night sky. But what is such an experience if you cannot share some of those great pictures with family and friends. Join this photography workshop to learn everything you need to know to take the best pictures of the Northern Lights. And of course, I’ll take plenty of pictures of you and the Aurora Borealis when it shows up.
All levels: From beginner to pro photographers. I will adapt the workshop to your needs and your goals.
Learn how to get stunning pictures of the Northern Lights from a Professional Photographer and Guide.
Small groups, min: 2 – max: 4 people*
*for larger groups please contact me: info(at)tromsolights.com
Northern Lights Photography Workshop:
For those into photography who want to get the best pictures
No experience in photography required. From beginner photographers to pro level, we will learn and practice together the best photography technique, tricks and post editing process to get the best out of your pictures.
- We will fetch you in front of the Tourism Information Office.
- Meeting time and theory: 5 p.m. Departing time: 6 p.m.
- Photography theory (don’t panic yet, it’s an easy review/deep dive, according to your level).
- Editing process: Depending of your interest and knowledge we will go through:
- RAW format and post-editing in Photoshop and LightRoom.
- HDR (Hight Dynamic Range) introduction.
- White balance and adjustment of the low/high lights.
- Lens correction and perspective.
- Panoramas and how to shoot and to stitch the pictures.
- Graduate density filters in post.
- Dust and other noise.
- Mask and local corrections.
- Up to 8 hour tour (arriving back to your hotel: around 1 a.m.).
- We will find the best place according to the weather, conditions and aurora activity. Up to 3h driving if we consider it necessary and you agree.
- 1 hour class about Northern Lights and Night Photography techniques, with a professional photographer. I will personally guide and teach you all along the tour-workshop.
- Any time, anywhere, please ask me for feedback or advice.
- I will take pictures and film, when possible, of you and the Aurora (finger crossed) and will share the digital files with you with no extra cost.
- Includes hot chocolate/coffee/tea and biscuits.
Price per person:
Taylor Made Northern Lights Tour:
You choose the way you want to make the tour
Just let us know your wishes and we together will make it happen!
Price per person: